Thursday, September 10, 2009

Savannah/Tybee Island

So our final stop was Savannah. We planned to spend a day at Tybee Island and then the final day in historic Savannah. Tybee was great! The beaches were nice and sandy and although it was pretty windy we stayed and played for most of the afternoon. It was more commercialized than St. Simons, but still enjoyable. There were lots of people on bikes which I think always makes it look like a safe family-friendly place.

We stayed our final night in Savannah and then toured the Historic area the next day. When I found out we were moving to GA 4 years ago I thought it would look like historic Savannah. You know, the Forest Gump landscapes. Anyway, we walked around along the Savannah River and then packed up for home.

It's sometimes hard to travel with kids and see the sights. Our kids didn't care for historic Savannah and although they didn't complain too much, they would have been much happier at the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Camping at Tybee was our high school girls' last hurrah before we left for college. We had a good time, but I got the only jellyfish sting I've had in my life playing in the water there.
    Go figure, I was with 15 people in the water, and the jellyfish only got me.

    ReplyDelete